DH is in the Army National Guard and his brother graduated from West Point. Watching this game each year is a tradition for this military family.
DH’s brother (and family), DH’s parents from Illinois and my entire family all traveled to Colorado Springs to cheer on the West Point Black Knights (who eventually ended up losing).
Here are the highlights of the weekend (all Perfect Moments)
- Spending time with my family (high on my values list)
- Tailgating (lots of food, drinks, football, music, family)
- The weather was absolutely perfect!
- The jets flying over the stadium were fantastic (and loud and close)
- Working out with my younger sister and blogging with my older sister
- Yoga with my sisters and sister-in-law (especially since our guest pass was waived because our husbands are military – SWEET!)
- Visiting the Chapel at the Air Force Academy (beautiful architecture)
- The pool and slide at the hotel were also a BIG hit!
During the evening we were all up doing the Chicken Dance, clapping our hands, swaying side-to-side with our arms linked and having a really great time!
I’m sure people throughout the restaurant could hear us singing the chorus to the “Happy Wanderer Song," especially the part that goes:
Val-deri, Val-dera,If you want the song stuck in your head all day, click here. If you do click over, check out the verses underneath the line including this one:
My knapsack on my back.”
I love to go a-gorgingGreat times! Great memories! A (series of) Perfect Moment(s)!
Amid great gobs of food,
And as I do my abdomen
Continues to protrude.
My body is obese.