As I shuffled the cards to select this week's Intuitive Tuesday tarot card, I said, "Tell me what messages I need to bring to my readers this week." I selected the Three of Wands (Reversed) from the Gateway to the Divine Tarot deck by Ciro Marchetti.
In its upright position, the Three of Wands indicates the successful birth of an enterprise, a new project, exchanging ideas, brainstorming, and exciting energy as a new idea takes form and you can see the possibilities.
In it reversed position, however, this energy might be blocked or delayed.
If you feel like you're spinning your wheels or feel like you're putting a lot of effort into something and not seeing the results you expected, that is the energy of the Three of Wands (reversed)...you feel like you are generating lots of energy...and for what?
The Three of Wands (reversed) is your clue to look to the Two and Four of Wands to remember why you were initially excited about the project (Two of Wands) and look ahead to the goals you set to remember where you are going and why you are moving forward (Four of Wands).
- The Two of Wands is a card of opportunity and new beginnings.
- The Three of Wands symbolizes a new project. Remember threes mark creation, expansion and growth.
- The Four of Wands is a card of feeling content with your achievements.
The Two of Wands is the excitement of the beginning of the yellow brick road. It's the Two of Wands energy behind the song, "Follow the Yellow Brick Road" that leads Dorothy and Toto down the bright yellow path...complete with the promise of Oz.
The Three of Wands energy happens along the path when Dorothy meets the Scarecrow, the Lion and the Tin Man, each having their own reasons for continuing on to Oz.
The Three of Wands (reversed) is when they meet the Wicked Witch of the West, the flying monkeys, and the poppies that put them all into a blissful sleep. At these points they may have forgotten where they are going and why.
The Three of Wands (reversed) energy can be dark, unknown and scary. You're stuck in the middle of the path. You've moved through the initial excitement but can't see the goal...YET.
Be patient as you continue on your journey remembering why you initially started this project. This is the energy of the Four of Wands. In the Wizard of Oz, this is that far off view of the beautiful "Emerald City." It is your goal, the vision that keeps you moving forward.
If you find yourself stuck in the energy of the Three of Wands (reversed), here are some tips:
- Two of Wands: Remember when you had this wonderful idea and feel the excitement and energy you had just thinking about the possibilities.
- Four of Wands: What goals did you set out for yourself towards the end of the path?
- Up-righting the Three of Wands: Combining these two energies (Two and Four of Wands), create one small step that you can/will take to move forward.
- Repeat as necessary. :)
Lookout 10 of Wands...Here I Come!!!